Skip to Main Content

Grant Funding Resources for Faculty and Staff

The primary purpose of University Advancement’s Grants Office is to secure gifts from non-profit foundations, but we may be able to assist faculty and staff in preparing proposals for non-philanthropic grants and contracts as well. This Grant Information Page is designed as a one-stop shop for all grant services provided by University Advancement.

Specifically, we: 

  • Help obtain external support for WesternU through the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of foundations, corporations, and government agencies to fund academic programs, research, student life initiatives, facilities and equipment, scholarships, and more.
  • Provide post-award grants management services to ensure and monitor compliance with grant regulations and application/reporting guidelines.

How do I apply for a grant? 

  1. Make an appointment to chat with the Grants Office in University Advancement (UA) about your funding needs or about a specific grant opportunity.
  2. Register for an account on Once your account is activated, you will be able to access the Grant Inquiry Form and Matching Funds Request Form.
  3. Complete the Grant Inquiry Form at least four (4) weeks prior to the proposal deadline (if possible). This will inform all relevant parties that you intend to apply for a grant. You will also need to obtain approval from the appropriate University officials for your proposal submission. 
  4. If matching funds are required, complete the Matching Funds Request Form at least four (4) weeks prior to the proposal deadline (this is only required from certain funders).
  5. The UA Grants Office will assist in the development and preparation of the grant application, including, but not limited to, creating an  account  in  the  online  grant  application  portal  (if  needed), completing  all  required  forms, assembling  any  supplementary  documents  or  appendices, developing budgets and budget narratives, helping draft  and collect  letters  of commitment, obtaining final signatures required for the authorization to submit the form, and submission of the application to the funding agency.
  6. For government grants and contracts, please visit the Office of Sponsored Programs and Contract Management (OSPCM) | Research and Biotechnology ( The OSPCM at Western University of Health Sciences assists faculty, staff, and students obtain externally funded research and educational program funding support. The OSPCM is the central source of information on major government agencies that support research. Depending on the funder and type of request, UA will work collaboratively with the Office of Sponsored Programs and Contract Management to route your request to the appropriate department.


Dr. Leah Schueler
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
(909) 469-5238

Ruby Gonzalez
Development Manager
(909) 706-3865

Transform lives through your generosity